Sunday, April 18, 2010

Temperature Interactive Website

Temperature is one of the many fascinating things about our planet, as well as about space, and about pretty much the rest of the universe. I went to a interactive website, http://funphysics.jpl.nana.gov/adventures/temperature-game.html, and played the game they had. I was very surprised about some of the facts that I learned, and now have many new questions. I would like to share some of this information with you! The first interesting fact that I learned is that it is much hotter in Death Valley that it is inside a human. The average human temperature is about 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Death Valley has temperatures around 134 degrees Fahrenheit. That's really hot, in case you didn't know. Now, I wonder if you went there, what you happen? Would you live? I also learned that it is colder in Antarctica (-128 degrees Fahrenheit) than it is on Mars (-81 degrees Fahrenheit). I think this is very surprising because Antarctica is one the earth, which is closer to the sun than Mars is. This make me curious as to why no one can survive on Mars ((with an oxygen tank, of course) but they can survive in Antarctica. These are just a few of the interesting facts that I learned. Go learn some for yourself!

No comments: